Frequently Asked Questions
Kindly note that although a minimum deposit is not mandatory, it is crucial to consider that the minimum equity required for trading initiation may vary based on the margin requirements of the specific pair/stock/index you intend to trade.
Please be aware of the business hours when making a withdrawal request. It is important to note that there may be delays in processing during public holidays and weekends. Additionally, please keep in mind that most payments, including withdrawals, are processed by banks during their business hours. This means that even if JP Markets processes the payment immediately, the time it takes for the bank to complete the transaction should also be considered. The exact duration of this turnaround time is dependent on the individual banks involved.
Watch this space as we finalise training events
Make sure to give us a follow on Social Media to stay up-to-date!
As a licensed financial services provider, we are obligated to comply with the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (also known as FICA). This Act is the government’s response to the global fight against money laundering and fraud. To comply with the Act, we must identify, verify and update clients’ information, which includes their proof of residence or proof of address. In short – these efforts ensure a safer financial system for all of us. As most of our business is conducted online and we do not transact with our clients face-to-face, we are subject to stricter laws than other entities. We therefore require the following in order to validate your Profile:
- A clear image of your ID or passport, including both the front and back taken with your cell phone. If you upload a copy or scan, please ensure it is certified within the last three months.
- Proof of address, dated within the last three months. Examples of acceptable documentation include a utility bill, municipality letter, rental/lease agreement, bank statement (stamped and dated within the last three months), or account statement from an NCR registered service provider.
*If you do not own or rent property, you can provide a sworn affidavit, ID copy, and proof of address from the owner or contracted resident of the address.*
- A bank statement dated within the last three months, showing your bank name, logo, stamp, account holder's full name, residential address, account number/IBAN, swift code (if international), and some transaction history.
*We do not accept screenshots
Once you have successfully made a MT5 account via your Dashboard you will receive an email with your MT5 Login details
Open your MT5 client terminal.
- Click on File.
- Click on open an account.
- Click on Scan and let the whole scanning of the servers finish.
- Once scanning finishes, click on JPMarkets-Live (for live)
- Choose ‘existing account’.
- Input login and password and you should be able to connect.
Should this fail please contact us via email@example.com,or the live chat feature on our website.
If you have forgotten your password, you can easily reset it by following the steps below:
- Go to the Login page.
- Click on the "Forgot Password" option.
- Kindly follow all the prompts in order to successfully reset your password.
After completing these steps, you will receive an email with instructions on how to reset your password. If you do not see the email in your primary inbox, please check your spam/junk folder as it may have been filtered there.
To reset your trading account password, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your JP Markets client portal.
- Make sure that you are on the ‘Dashboard’ tab.
- Click on 'Trading Accounts'.
- Select 'Account Settings'.
- Choose 'Reset Password'.
- Enter your profile password, which is your client portal password.
- Click ‘Submit Request’.
Once you have completed these steps, your MT5 trading account will be generated and your login details will be sent to you via email.
At JP Markets, we're proud to be authorized to accept local deposits from our clients. Making a deposit is super easy - just head to your Dashboard and choose from our available gateways. It's just like doing an EFT or a simple card transaction with your preferred method of depositing on our website. We're here to make things simple and straightforward for you!
Upon completion of the registration section, you will be sent your login details via email.
JP Markets SA (Pty) Ltd, only offers services in South Africa, Namibia, Swaziland and Lesotho.
What leverage is in forex. It's kind of like a loan from your broker that gives you more money to trade with than what you put in initially. This ratio is how leverage is represented.
To edit your leverage for your desired MT5 account, just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the "Trading Accounts" section on your JP Markets dashboard.
- Click on the MT5 account number that you want to edit the leverage on.
- Hit the '+' icon and select the 'Edit Leverage' tab.
- Click on the pencil icon and choose your preferred leverage.
- Finally, tap on "Change Leverage" and you're all set!
The markets usually close on Fridays at 23:00 (GMT+2) and open back up on Sundays at 00:00 (GMT+2). But keep in mind that this could change based on market conditions or any international public holidays that might affect the market times.
It is not possible to delete trading accounts from our system. However, if an account remains inactive for a period of three months, it will be automatically archived. This means that the account will no longer be active or accessible.
JP Markets is licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Conduct Authority, South Africa, FSP 46855
At JP Markets, we don't trade on behalf of our clients. That means you have complete control over your trading decisions and executing your trades. We're here to provide you with all the tools and resources you need to make informed decisions, but ultimately, it's up to you to make the best investment choices for yourself.
JP Markets does not offer financial or tax advice, nor do we handle tax withholdings. We strongly advise seeking guidance from your personal tax consultant regarding this matter.
We do not allow third party deposits.
Please use the following steps to reset your MT5 account password.
Kindly log in to your JP Markets account:
- On your dashboard, click on TRADING ACCOUNTS.
- Then click on ACCOUNT SETTINGS.
- Click on the blue icon next to the letters MT5.
- You will then see 2 options - CHANGE PASSWORD or RESET PASSWORD.
- Select preferred option.
To perform an internal transfer, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Insert your login details to access your account.
- Click on “my wallet”
- Click on internal account transfer to, either "My Wallet" or "Trading Account".
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer.
- Enter your login password to authorize the transfer.
- Tap on "Submit a Request" to complete the transfer
Once you have completed these steps, your internal transfer should be successful. If you encounter any issues or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance.
Kindly follow this link to sign up to our exclusive partner program here: www.jpmarkets.co.za/partners.
Our team of IB success managers can provide various services such as website building, seminar hosting, online marketing, banner design, and more. We will tailor a structure to suit your specific needs, as your success is our utmost priority.
We strive to aid your growth business development.
- Log into your MT5 trading account
- Please locate the " + " icon on the top right corner on your quotes page
* To add or search for symbols on the PC, simply click ctrl + U
JP Markets unfortunately can't provide services to US citizens or residents (for tax reasons), as well as folks living in certain places like Japan, Canada, and North Korea
In forex trading, the spread is a slight fee included in the prices for buying (bid) and selling (ask) currency pairs. When you check the quoted price of a currency pair, you'll notice a gap between the buy and sell prices, which is known as the spread or bid/ask spread.